Friday, March 19, 2010

A little about us...

Two are better than one, for they have a good return for their works, for if one falls down they have the other to help them up, but woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to help him up. Again, if two lie together they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone, and though one may be overpowered, two will withstand, and a three fold cord is not quickly broken. ~Ecclesiastes 4: 9-12

We, Drew and I that is, are a part of an incredible three fold cord with God. Our lives are centered around Him and our courtship is lead by Him. He is the author and creator of Love, and He is writing our love story.

Best friends first:
Drew and I have known each other for about two years, we met at a bible camp where we both had been helping out. We kept in touch and remained friends, back in September of 2009 we both popped on Facebook chat and said hello, Drew was about to head over to Culvers for some much needed nourishment! So, he gave me his phone number, texts flew and phone calls were soon added to the equation, little did we know that a great friendship was in the making. I know God had done an amazing work in our hearts over the months before and during our phone calls and texts, we were content in the Lord and thankful for the friendship He had blessed us with. Months later, we and our families planned a trip up to Rogers, MN to meet everyone. To my surprise just days before Drew had called my mom and asked her permission to court her daughter, ME! That night Drew said to me that he would like to court me, and I did the only thing I could do.. Say YES about a million times!
We have grown so much since that first wonderful night when, God let my best friend become even more. We're never done growing, and we're never done learning but I'm very thankful for this three fold cord that withstands!

No comments:

Post a Comment